This is a year-long project. Create a photo story that shows how your community celebrates various holidays through the seasons.
- Reflect on how your community celebrates holidays. During these holiday times, take a walk around your community and document what you see.
- Take photos of decorations, parades, that special spooky Halloween house, the Harvest market, anything that captures the essence of the time.
- Observe and write down the sights, sounds, smells, and feelings you encounter on your walk. Record as much detail as you can.
- Collect the photos and descriptions for a year-long photo story of your town.
- Is there a holiday that is missing in your town? Make a proposal to your town government to organize an event around it. (They are more likely to react positively if you offer them a solution, rather than a problem.)
[Photo credit: YWP Photo Library, photo by Kevin Huang, 2015]