Is there a special place in your community that is under threat? You can advocate for this place. Write a letter to the local newspaper. Contact officials and make a strong, persuasive argument.
- Is there a special place in your community that has been changed, removed or is under threat? A playground where you met some of your best childhood friends? A swimming hole? A forest? A sledding hill?
- Don't stand by and watch.
- Organize like-minded people. Write letters to the editor and local officials. Include photos and your best memories of this place. AND make a strong persuasive argument for why this matters -- not just to you, but to the community.
- Ask for a meeting with the officials, and make your case, face-to-face.
- It might not be too late. Act now!
[Photo credit: YWP Photo Library, photo by Kevin Huang]